Friday, April 25, 2008

101.5

Yesterday, when Owen woke up from his nap around 5pm (he slept for 3 hours!) he felt very hot, and was very cranky and lathargic. I took his temperature and it was 101.5. So I gave his some Tylenol and made him a banana and mango milk smoothie. He hasn't eaten any solids since yesterday morning and only wants milk bottles now. We think he is finally getting that other molar in now – he says his mouth hurts. Maybe he is getting both of the last 2 molars. It would be nice to get this teething all over and done with for a while.

When we put him to bed at night he went down really well, but still had a fever of 100. He woke up around 10:30 with a fever of 103.5, nasty sweats, and a full diaper of grossness. He was up and and restless for about an hour after that (which really interrupted the LOST episode we were watching) but he was relatively happy. We gave him more Tylenol and a milk bottle, and Owen fell asleep in our bed with us around 11:30. Owen was up again at 4am with a fever of 101.5. I gave him more Tylenol and he went right back to bed.

I thought after all that interrupted sleep that Owen would sleep in a bit this morning, but he was up, like usually, at 7:30am. His fever was still at 101.5, so I gave him the last of the infant Tylenol, another milk bottle, and he is now watching In The Night Garden... again. I am so glad we taped that show yesterday – it is all he wants to watch now. I'll have to tape todays episode as well as this one is already driving Gabe and I nuts.

We had plans to visit with Play Group today but I think Owen and I will do best just staying home and taking it easy. I'll try to keep him hydrated, but I want to get my finger in his mouth at some point in the day to see if it is teeth, or perhaps a virus.

2 comments:

Marshall Family said...

sorry just came by your blog and thought I would comment :)

poor lil owen its so worrying when they are ill. I really hope he is feeling better soon :(

Amy said...

He finally got his last 2 molars - that is why he had the fever! Silly teeth!