Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Blue Heron Reserve

Owen and I met up with our buddies from Play Group, and Owen s Grandma, today at the Blue Heron Reserve. I felt a little ashamed never being there before, as I have lived here for over 6 years now. But at least now I can say I have gone - and we're going to go again! We had such a fun time! We got to see (and help catch) a big green frog, and we saw birds, ducks, and geese too! I saw one Blue Heron far far away, but most of them were in their nests keeping their babies warm - it was a pretty cold and windy day!


Owen and Grandma climed up these really high stairs and looked at the lagoons from the very top. And then we had to run back inside quickly when the bugs came out -there were waaay too many for Mama to handle! But there were cool things to do inside too - look at real (stuffed) animals, play with some puzzles, and be entertained by the man that works there as he sang to us and played his harmonica. It was a great morning!

No comments: