Friday, November 02, 2007

Dentist visit

We got home at midnight last night and Owen was asleep right away. At 1:30 he woke up sweating and screaming but fell asleep a minute later on my lap. I brought him into bed with Gabe and I. At 2:30am Owen woke up screaming again. This time we would not settle back down so I took him downstairs. We saty on the living room couch together for half an hour with Owen crying and shifting his position all the time. He finally asked for a milk bottle (which he chugged) and then I put him back to bed. I am so glad he is drinking – he hasn’t had much to drink since Monday and I am afraid he is getting dehydrated.

Then Owen woke up at 8am. We thought he would sleep more as he was up all night, but he woke up happy and wanted to get on with his day. So we got up and watched some cartoons. Owen drank my whole glass of grape juice, which was a large glass. I am so glad he is drinking lots!

Owen had a Dentist appointment today – his 2nd one. This one wasn;t as good as last time. Owen cried and didn’t like the chair. So he sat in my lap, and laid down with his head in the Dentists lap. The Dentist looked in Owens mouth 3 times and said that ll his 2-year molars seem to be coming in at once (the Doctor at the Hospiatl had told us that too).

Owens gums were bleeding way worse than yesterday and the Dentist said it was from me not cleaning them properly. What I need to do now is hold Owen down and properly clea his teeth and gums once a day every day. He said Owens gums might bleed while I do it for 2 weeks. But if they bleed for more than 3 weeks, than call him and come back because that is not good.

Owen also has skin growing between his two front teeth. If that doesn’t go away when he loses his abby teeth, the Dentist will have to cut that skin back. He said that is normal.

Owen didn’t have anything to eat all day, although he did have one more milk bottle before bed that night. He also had a 4 hour nap in th eafternoon.

No comments: