Thursday, April 13, 2006

Me and my big feet







I have a feeling Owen is going to be quite tall. Gabe and I are 5'11" and 6'0". I have tall brothers (Dusty is 6'5") and am only average height in my extended family (all but 1 brothers are already taller than me). Gabe is tall in his family. He has a couple of tall cousins, but his Moms side are all pretty short. Gabe's Dad was adopted so we don't know too much about his side, but he was 5'10 or 5'11" I think.



Anyways, I hope Owen will be tall. And if the size of his paws are any indication, he's gonna be huge.


When Owen was first born that was one of the things everyone notices right away... besides the fact that his head was huge, his feet were too. He had long, skinny fingers and long feet.


One of my favorite things about babies is their feet - when they are really fat and look like littel squares sticking off of teh bottoms of their legs. You know, when their feet are as tall as they are long and their toes stick out like sticks pointing in all directions. I love that.


Well Owen isn't quite there just yet, but I know he will be soon. And you know what big feet means... he'll be tall too. :)

He is in the 85-90th percentile for length just about now so he should end up being taller than his Mama by the time he's 13 or 14. At least that's my guess.

3 comments:

myn said...

i am killing myself laughing at that last photo...the angle of the picture makes his feet look HUGE!!! i love the first photo...super cute!

kimberley francis said...

A good belly laugh from me over here too.

Ah sweet, Owen. All the better to pounce with. I have a sneaking suspicion that life is not going to boring for you, young lad.


:)

avery said...

kinda wierd to think that that little thing is going to be so tall. hmm. i luv babys feet so small and soft