Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wonderful past 2.5 hours


I wasn't going to post this note as I wrote it in my personal journal, and thought it may be too... well, personal. But I've changed my mind and decided to share my inner thoughts with you my close friends and family.

"I just had the most amazing 2 and a half hours with Owen. He woke up happy just looking around. I picked him up and carried him to his room where I changed his diaper. He didn't squawk at all, but looked around with those gorgeous, big, dark eyes and that great 'Mr. Bill' face he makes. Then I positioned him in his crib, propped up against the big teddy bear (getting poses ready for when my camera batteries are done charging). After bringing him back to the living room I put him on the floor with his soother. Sometimes he wanted it and sometimes he didn't. The two of us just sat/lied there for an hour staring at each other and listening to a digital music channel on our TV (classical music). I massaged his whole body - head to toes. We did exercises for him to help get the gas out, and we did exercises for me (so I can fit into my new track-suit for the weekend). He was just happy as a clam, and I am in love with him! And then a great song came on and I picked him up and we danced until he fell asleep in my arms. How wonderful is that?! If only every day could be this wonderful. Oh wait - it can!

This being-at-home-with-a-baby thing is not what I expected at all. We've had rough nights, and my hormones are still going crazy, but being able to spend this time with Owen is priceless. I wouldn't change anything in the world!"

2 comments:

Kassianni said...

aaawww.
I miss those days.
they are wonderful and fleeting.
you are wise to cherish every moment.

myn said...

I love you Amy and am so glad that you are finding every moment, even the sleepless ones, worth it and full of love. Owen is a very lucky little man to have you as his Mum.