Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Still sick

Owen is still quite sick. His nose runs all day long and he is so stuffed up that he can't breathe well, and is constantly choking and coughing because he tried to take a deep breath in and only sucks back snot. I know, it's gross.

I feel so bad for him. He hates taking his medicine and having his nose wiped, and I don't even use the snot sucker ( I didn't find it worked well when used in the past), so all I can do is wait for his body to fight this off.

Owen is in a good mood most of the time, but I can tell he is sick of being sick. And I've had to cancel a few play dates already, plus I know he won't be well enough to go to Play Group tomorrow, which will be sad because we both love that.

I try to give him lots of fluids, and not push solids too much. Which seems to be working. He can't get enough water these days, and he isn't really hungry (you know how you get when you're sick). All we can really do is wait.

Don't you just love the drool line and the snot in this picture - oh he's just gorgeous when he is sick!

6 comments:

Kaelen's Mama said...

Poor Owen

Life according to Jacob said...

I hope you feel better soon Owen. I can commiserate with you about trying to breathe through the snot.

Unknown said...

i feel for ya buddy...i'm sick of the green gunk and i HATE mommy wiping it off even worse. hope u feel better soon. xx

Krista said...

Feel better soon, Owen... Matthew and I are looking forward to seeing you around Christmastime :)
We Love & miss you guys!

Kassianni said...

I know another effective and totally natural snot-sucker...

Anonymous said...

When I was sick, my mom bought a humidifier and put vicks in it and it helped me breathe better. Do you have one of those Owen? Anyways, I hope you feel better soon!