Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A boy and his cupbaord

I finally gave in and Owen got his own cupboard in the kitchen. I put some of Owen's plastic dishes, a few plastic bowls and measuring cups, and some dish towels in there to keep him busy.

My plan was to keep his busy enough to stay out of the other cupboards until we can find a safety device that works (we bought one kind, but it is too small for tour cupboards). However, my plan didn;t work. Owen was so interested in his cupbaord that he figured he's see what is in all the others. So now I put him near his cupboard, and he says "Mama, I already know what is in this cupbaord - now I want to see what it is that one over there!"

Well, he doesn't really say all that, he only says "Dat", but I know what he means.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

he he he - nice one owen! ya know, you big people have got to stop underestimating us babies...we aint stoopid!

my mommy tried duping me with "safe" cupboard items too but i knew the other cupbaords had "the good stuff". we now have cupboard locks on all our doors!

RW said...

Lucky you Owen. Hannah and Luke loved the cupboard. Maybe your mum will put some surprises in it for you.

Klaudia said...

Nolan owns all kitchen cupboards. I have to search the whole house to find a potato masher or a wooden spoon. Every shelf within Nolan's reach is reorganized daily! Lately, he has tried to climb various objects to reach higher shelves where I store "NOT-FOR-BABIES" things.