Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Owen's 1st birthday party!

I am in the midst of planning Owen's 1st birthday party, and I'm loving every minute of it!

I guess there is something in me that just clicked on when I strated this process. And now I've realized all the great things I get to plan for Owen, and do with him, now that I'm his Mom. Like birthday parties. I worked from home as a party planner for a few years a while back. I organized events, did fundraisers, planned Christmas parties for businesses, and even planned a few weddings too. I loved it! But it became too time consuming, and without benefits (and wanting to start a family), I returned to working for other people's companies.

But now I get to plan Owen's 1st birthday party and I am psyched! I have decided it will have a MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS theme, and I am asking those invited to bring their own musical instruments from home if they want to. I figured Owen wouldn't really unsderstand a theme like fire trucks or sports (especially as I don't want soccer balls kicked all around my house), so I went with somethng I thoguht he'd have fun with, and something age appropriate. And he loves his musical instruments.

Now I just have to plan the decorations, send invited to people we don't have email addresses for, get the goodie bag treats, and try not to buy Owen too many presents. My Mom and I are making Owen a cake -a cool shaped cake, but I won't say of what - that is going to be a surprise!

I know he won't remmeber his 1st birthday party, or maybe even his 2nd or 3rd, but I want him to have fun while he does remember. And of course I'll be there to take a million pictures!

:)

4 comments:

Charlie and Sam's Mommy - Deanna said...

Isn't it fun to plan the party! I am sooo excited to Plan Charlie's...so many ideas! Even if he won't remember it...all the guests will!!!!

Kristen Mochrie-Arbonne Consultant said...

Sounds like you are really psyched about this Amy! Planning Russel's was a lot of fun last summer...I think I had more fun than he did! This summer I get to plan Mya's 1st this summer! Have fun girl!

Unknown said...

Wow...now I'm scared...I haven't even started on Keira's! Maybe I should hire your professional services!!!

Heather said...

looks like you're having fun amy! and that's a cool idea too!