Monday, July 10, 2006

5 months (a little late, but here none-the-less)

I totally forgot to post Owen's 5 month old photo. You have to see how big he is getting! Actually, he isn't that much bigger than he was at 4 months. At least it doesn't seem that big of a difference - especially in the "bear" photos.

Owen is now (at 5 months, which was a little over a week ago) 19lbs. He is still 27" long, and his head size is still 17" (has been for a month or so now). His weight and length put him in the 90th percentile (right on track), his head size is in the 60th percentile. can you imagine if it was in the 90th percentile too?!?!? That would make it .75" bigger! Actually, that's not too bad.

Seeing as he has gained over 2 pounds in a month, but his length is the same, Owen has shot up from the 15th percentile to the 75th percentile for weight:length ratio. That means he went from pretty long and lean to pretty chub-chub. Whish is ok by me! Too much measuring and charting made me paranoid earlier, so I don't do it as often.

:)

5 comments:

myn said...

i love the new template!

Shannon said...

owen is a big boy. how adorable! (he looks older than Charlie)

I was told babies grow out then up so Owen might be getting ready for another spurt. Wesley grew out then out then out then out LOL. But he's finally grown into all his rolls.

Catrina said...

They sure grow so fast. I think Owen and William are fairly close in size, but I can not say for certain as I have yet to get him weighed and all that. I do think that Owen is a bit bigger. I love how you have taken pictures of him with the same bear to compare every month. Where did you get that cute hat?

Amy said...

I got the whole outfit (hat included) at Please Mum. I don't reall ylike the sotre in Chilliwack (it's really small, and doesn; have too much baby stuff), so I go to Coquitlam Mall. There is a sale on right now where EVERYTHING in the store is 50% off. I got Owen 2 hats, a pauir of shoes, short, 2 t-shirts, and 2 dress shirts for $50.

They are usually pretty expensive, but with a 1/2 off sale, their prices comapre to Walmart, but the quality is much better.

Catrina said...

Thanks, I'll have to see if they have a Please Mum out here.