Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Look what I can do!





Owen rolled over today for the first time! He was on a few blankets on the floor in the great room while I was making dinner. He had toys all around him, and I was taking pictures. I went back to making dinner and he was whining (his teeth haven’t let up in almost 2 weeks and he’s hurting big time). And then all of the sudden it was quiet, so I poked my head around the corner, and he was on his belly!

He didn’t really know what to do once he was on his tummy. oone arm was pinned under his chest (see last photo below), and he couldn’t really move it. So he stayed there for a while, I took a bunch of pictures, and then I rolled him back over.

He didn’t do it again, but now Papa is so excited for him to move, he is trying to show Owen how to crawl.

See how he didn't just turn over, but turned sideways as well? So now that he is moving (kind of) I can't take my eyes off of him for a minute. We should get our baby gates pretty soon too. Does anyone recommend a certain brand?

So, follow the photos from top to bottom and you will see Owen roll over. The picture of the back of his head once he is on his tummy was taken right when I saw he had done this amazing trick.

4 comments:

Catrina said...

Congratulations Owen! You look so proud :)It won't be long before he is all over the place and getting into EVERYTHING. :)

myn said...

Well done wee Owen!! you are my hero!

Kaelen's Mama said...

Awesome! IT's so fun when they do something new. We have been trying to get a video of Kaelen rolling over for weeks now but we can never catch her! Cool Pictures! It's funny that we were just talking about rolling over at Babytime this week.

Joe, Stacey, Joshua, James and Matthew said...

Congratulations Owen! Pretty soon he'll be rolling his way across a room! :)