Monday, July 10, 2006

Cultus Lake

Owen and I went for a walk at Cultus last night with friends Kimberly and Cecilia. The weather was perfect - a little overcast but sunny and dry. And furthermore, it was great because hardly anyone was there. We did encounter about a million Canadian geese though. You can see a few in the background of this photo.

I had a bit of a run-in with a gaggle of geese when I was young (5 or 6 years old maybe). I guess I got too close to their nest and they came out of the sky with a vengeance. It may be my earliest childhood memory. And it isn't a good one. They attacked me to the point of drawing blood. I was screaming, and running for the cabin (we had a log cabin up Harrison Lake - way up where there is no electricity or roads) with my hands over my head to defend myself. But as I couldn't see where I was going I just kept running in circles until one of my parents came and saved me from the killer birds.

So last night, 20 years after the attack, I was still nervous to get too close to the geese. Hopefully Owen will not have such memories.

4 comments:

Kaelen's Mama said...

Where did you get the sling? That looks like a great way to pack the little ones around!

Amy said...

Walmart. It's a great sling - he can sit in it a bunch of differnt ways, and it's easy to put on and take off. I think it was $30 or so.

Shannon said...

YIKES on the geese story.

I love slings :O) You guys look great together!

RW said...

Yes. I agree with Shannon. You look so happy.