Thursday, July 13, 2006

How can I be so cute, yet so cranky at the same time?

I don't know, but it is possible.

Owen is teething and growing, and the weather is hot, and who knows what else, but he is cranky! And I played with him today more than I usually do in the hopes it would calm him down, but that didn't work. It only threw my back out, and now he thingks whenever he wants something I'll come running.

Here is Owen beiong so fabulously cute I had to photograph him. (When do I not have to photograph him!) Do you remember this duck from previous posts? It is the same duck in his birth announcement photos. My Auntie Diane gave it to him before he was even born. His head used to be smaller than the ducks head. Soon his head will be bigger that the whole duck!

Owens favorite part of toys is their tags. He just loves to suck on the tages of blankets or stuffed animals. I don't know why.

He also likes to talk on the phone. Well, he doesn't really do too much of the talking, but he loves to hear familiar voices on the phone. He listens to Papa and Grandma a lot. The other night while I was out and Gabe was home with Owen I called and Gabe put the phone to Owen ear. Once Owen heard my voice he realized I wasn't there with him, and he began to cry. Gabe said he cried until I came home. That was not a happy 30 minutes for Gabe. Owen is quickly learning how to get whatever he wants from us. And quickly too!

2 comments:

thomasw said...

ah the 'i want' cry. so brutual.

RW said...

He is changing so quickly... this blog is amazing.... when you go back and see how tiny he was in the beginning and now look at him.