Saturday, July 29, 2006

We're back!

Owen and I went to Kelowna this past Wednesday through Friday to visit with family. My brother Dusty loves up there, so we stayed with him. My parents were also up there visiting, and my other brother Jesse lives there too, so it was nice to have a big visit with everyone at once.

We drove up Wednesday morning and stopped in Merrit for something to eat. Owen slept until Merritt, and played in his car seat the rest of the way. He was pretty sick of the car once we got there, so I just quickly picked up my Mom and Dad and we were off to the beach. Gyro Beach is only 5 minutes from Dusty's house, so we went there. It is gorgeous! Sandy beaches, warm water, and not too crowded. It was perfect!

Owen has been to the pool here, and Cultus Lake, but he hasn't even been around sand before. He loved it. This first pictures shows what he sis for a good 20 minutes before going for a swim. He just sat on my Moms leg and wiggled hius toes inthe sand.
A few days later Owen would lie on his side on the beach towel, and wiggle humself over to the edge so his legts could go in the sand as well. He didn't like wet sand though. I tried to put him at the edge of the lake and let hinm play there, but he didn't like the feel of it.

About 30 seconds after this photo was taken Owen rolled onto his tummy, and grabbed a handful of sand which would immediately go into his mouth. By the time I had gotten him tp the lake to rinse him off he had eaten, and puked back up, a good amount of sand.


Here's Owen and I at Gyro Beach on Wednesday. The weather was great the whole time we were there. Actually, Kelowna set a few new heat records the few days before we got there. I was glad it had cooled down slightly and was only in the low 40's once we were there.

This picture was taken on Thursday. The beach was considerably cooler, and the wind had really picked up. It was awesome! The waved actually lulled Owen to sleep in his inner-tube. How amazing is that!? He just picked his knees up so he was lying completely in the inside of the inner-tube, and put his head back on the headrest (an on his shoulder sometimes) and closed his eyes. I wished I could have done the same.


Thursday was a good day. That is the day Dusty got his air conditioning unit fixed. Wednesday night was rough.

Friday, Owen and I had breakfast with Grandpa Kim and Tracey. We then headed back to Gyro Beach for a few hours. Said goodbye to Dusty at the office, and headed back home. And then my car broke down. Lukily it was just a situation of overheating, but it caused an hour and a half delay. Grandma rode home with us, which was awesome as Owen was awake until we passed Merrit. It was nice to have someone else entertain him as I drove, instead of having to do both at once.

1 comment:

kimberley francis said...

owen sure is living the good life! i love the bottom one. he's like a boy king! :)