Monday, October 30, 2006

No more lunch for Mom & Dentist visit for Owen

Well, that’s the last time I go out for lunch in, say, four or five years. Kelly and I met up at E Yong’s for lunch today and I had about 3 bites before Owen went mental. He has never been so difficult during a meal out before. I think he is just too old, yet not old enough, to eat in restaurants. So I fed him, and entertained him while Kelly ate. And then she fed and entertained him while I ate. At least she was good about it, and didn’t mind not having a nice chance to visit.


And I took Owen to the Dentist today. What a joke. There is absolutely no need to go to the Dentist with a kid this young. He took all of 10 seconds to look at my kids teeth and then ask me what I was doing. And what I am doing is perfect, so they booked another appointment for April of next year, and that was that.

Here Owen is before the Dentist tried to touch his teeth. He wasn't smiling after that.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Keira came with me on my last check-up, but she was only about 3 months old and was only there cos i nowhere else for her to go! (She spent most of the time in the Office Manager's office being cuddled and pampered!)

He said that you dont have to go until they have their full set of first teeth (we call them "milk teeth" in the UK!), but it may be a good idea to take them in sometime after their first birthday, just to familiarise themselves with the dentist office and get comfortable with the "big chair".

(I have a lovely dentist who is very good with nervous patients and making them more relaxed! I used to have a severe phobia of dentists but now it is a breeze!)

Butchess said...

is your dentist accepting patients because i am way overdue and incredibly dental-phobic too!!!

Unknown said...

I believe so...its Dr Dean Monty at the Valley Dental Group on Knight Road. (And the cool thing is they do saturdays too!) 604-858-9880. (If you let them know you are phobic when you book, they'll be gentler on you from the moment you arrive - they rock!)

Amy said...

And all teh health nurses, and baby books say you should go in as soon as the first tooth appears. That's just silly. I say wait until they are a year old. Then go in just so they can open a file for you, and you the little one can get used to it being a safe place before they are 3, get their teeth cleaned, and become horrified of the drill!

Joe, Stacey, Joshua, James and Matthew said...

I asked my dentist about it and he said wait until 12 months after the first tooth appears to go in. We went in last month to the pediatric dentist and there was still really no point in being there (at 16 months) except to allay my own fears about Joshua's teeth.