Monday, August 07, 2006

Bananas, yuck!

I gave Owen a whole banana today to try and encourage him to eat it by himself. I thought if he got to "play" with it he might be more inclined to like bananas. It didn’t work. He touched it, made a face, and refused to touch it again. So I smooshed a piece off and fed it to him. He gaged, spit it out, and began to cry. He didn’t stop crying until I gave him some sweet potatoes. He really doesn’t like bananas. I’ll stop trying to feed them to him. Maybe I’ll try again in a few months.

6 comments:

Joe, Stacey, Joshua, James and Matthew said...

Joshua hated all sweet fruits but loved sweet potatoes and squash at that age, too ... I was disgusted! Have you ever tried baby food squash?!? *GAG*

:)

Amy said...

Yes, I have. It is nasty stuff. Totally unsweetened. Owen doesn't mind apple sauce, but he hasn't tried any other fruits yet. Hopefully he'll like pears and peas, so he won't turn completely orange as I've heard other babies do when they only eat orange veggies.

creativisualist said...

Happy 6 months Owen!

Liz said...

Owen I can get behind you on those icky things.. YUCKY NANNERS!!
Love your Auntie liz :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,
Olivia wouldn't touch fruit period!
She was a little happy camper eating her veggies.
Happy to report, 6 years later, she likes fruit:)
~Erika

Kassianni said...

i don't care for bananas myself, so I don't really blame him.
avery, however, still loves to mash a banana on a plate and eat it. yuck!