Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Super Store summer sale on now!

I went to Super Store today and bought Owen some new clothes – sized 12 months. I got him Winnie the Pooh pj’s, a few t-shirts, a pair of grey pin-striped pants (too cute!), and green shorts. I also got him a toy gum ball machine that he can put his roll-in balls into. It plays music, and lights go on and off. There was a great sale on – most of the clothes items were only $3 each. I also got some more baby food. Owen tried peas today for the first time. He didn’t really like them, In fact, he cried after a few bites. He stopped when I gave him sweet potato. He loves sweet potato! Yesterday I rounded up all of Owens clothes that are still in his room, but are too small for him. So pretty much all 6-9 month sized clothes. I folded them all and took photos.

Owen now fits perfectly into 12 months sized clothes. With the weather being how it is, and not deciding if it is going to be hot, warm, or even cold, I have to be prepared and have long sleeves, short sleeves, pants, and shorts for Owen in this size. That is why he has so many 6-9 month sized clothes - I had to cover all weather conditions. So then I made 2 piles - clothes to keep for baby #2 (waaaaaay down the road), and clothes to give away. I tried to be ruthless, but I kept all my "favorites".

But the pile I am keeping is still huge! I still filled a plastic bag of all the clothes to give away. But I need to go through all teh clothes I have saved from newborn size to this size, and give more away. I onl;y want to keep 1 rubbermaid of clothes from newborn - 12 months for Owen. Otherwise I will keep way too much. I'd like to plan for baby #2 to come in 2009 sometime. So Owen and baby will be 3-4 years apart. If baby #2 is a boy, than he can wear all Owens old clothes - that is why I am keeping any at all. If baby #2 is a girl than I will give it all away. So in 3-4 years Owen will have at least double the amount of clothes saved as we do now. That is why I need to get rid of some now. Otherwise I'll have 10 rubbermaid contaners in my garage full of Owens clothes, and it will be especially hard to get rid of if baby #2 is a girl.

2 comments:

Peter T Chattaway said...

It's funny how babies always seem to be too big for the clothes and diapers that are supposed to fit them at their age, isn't it?

Or maybe that's just our kids (your Owen, our Elizabeth and Thomas) ...

Kassianni said...

I've still got one outfit each of my kids from when they were newborns, and one pair of my favourite of their shoes. i love baby feet.