Thursday, August 31, 2006

Owen and Baby Adam

My friend Sarah Kamp (Jae to me since Jr. high school) had her second baby boy this past July. His name is Adam. We got to go visit them a few days ago, and they came to visit us today. Owen likes baby Adam. Well, let me re-phrase that. Owen likes to touch baby Adam.

Owen and I are working on being "gentle". When I touch his face softly I say "gentle", and then I take his hand and touch my face and I say "gentle". So when Owen grabs at baby Adams face, I take his hand and say "gentle". And then Owen looks up at me, smiles, and gently grabs baby Adams face. It's a work in progress.

2 comments:

kimberley francis said...

:) supervision...probably a really good idea. :)

Anie said...

"Gentle"..ah yes..its a life time of learning! Hey Amy..to respond to your question..I am due in 5 weeks. We are really excited, but also a little afraid of the whole ncrazy intense newborn time with a 19 month old to boot. Here goes!! Weeeee!~!!!